Thursday, August 7, 2014

My DIY binder!!

So, lately I've started DIYing my school supplies. I'm trying to become a more organized, healthy person this year, and I'll be tracking my progress through this blog. So, here's how I made my awesome DIY binder!!


You will need:
- A binder
- A paper that will fit into the clear front pocket (I had to stick two peices together to make it wide -enough)
- Pictures (I printed them, but you could just as easily cut them out of magazines)
- Glue
- Scissors
- Pencil/Pen/Marker/Etc (Optional, for measurements or if you want to write/draw anything)

Step One: The Background



You could use patterned paper or just leave it blank, but I wanted mine to be full-color. I printed 9 different-sized magazine covers, all featuring some of my favorite famous people, and placed 7 out of 9 in a square-collage. Then, I cut up the last two and put them in the empty spaces that the magazine's didn't fill. Voi La! A magazine masterpiece!

Step Two: The Collage

Now, you can just stick all of your pictures down on the background. Here's what I did:


The Disney Logo


Lumpy Space Princess and a Minecraft Iron Sword


Stitch, the YouTube play button, a cross, and Gunter


Sam, Dean, Cas, Surprised Patrick, A few daisies and an anchor (My School Symbol)


A very Tumblr "Too Sassy For You" Heart


And finally, the Tobuscus logo.


The Finished Product!



My finished binder! This took me around three hours to make, but that's probably because I'm a perfectionist and way too creative for my own good. I'll be sure to post more about my progress as a healthy, more organized teen!

~ Hollie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment