Saturday, May 31, 2014

DailyBlog [Hollie's Daily Life Updates]

Dear Journal,

          Today I woke up really late, later than usual, but I tried to go back to sleep nevertheless. If you're already late, might as well be very late, right? Eventually I got up and went downstairs, pouring a bowl of Coco Puffs and using the last of the milk. Shoot, out of sweet tea again. I promised myself I'd make some later, then trudged upstairs to put on my bathing suit. We're going to the beach on June 28th, so tanning is a priority. I looked over my three bathing suits. I wore the multicolored bikini last weekend at a party, so that one was out. My only other two consisted of a chevron tankini and a pink, ruffly bikini that I had been saving to wear at the beach. Unfortunately, the tankini wouldn't allow sun to reach my stomach, so I wore the pink one. Oh, well. I'll wash it later.
          I walked outside to a song on the radio that I knew by heart, so I sang softly to myself as I laid out a towel on the grass. I laid down and realized the towel was too short, so I went back in to grab a second one. As I laid down for the second time, I suddenly found myself blinded by the sun. Crap, do I really have to go in again? Yes, yes I do. I hurried in, grabbed a hardcover book that I had read a half-dozen times, then stepped back out into the sun. I gently set the open book over my eyes, an instant shield versus my too-small sunglasses. I lied flat on the grass, unmoving, feeling the sun beat down on my skin, until my sister came out playing her music at full blast. I sat up, realizing a song I really don't like, and went inside once again. I came back out with my phone, turning on Spotify and smiling as one of my favorite songs came on. My sister's music didn't cease, though, so I moved my towels closer to the music player. The only con was that I now had to lay back on concrete, but it's the price you pay.
          Eventually, my dad came around with a small, inflatable pool shaped like a boat. My little brother ran eagerly behind him, excited to immerse himself into cool water. I listened as water from the hose hit the sides of the pool, splashing on the water resting at the bottom. After a bit more frying, I went to the shallow pool and put both feet inside. The water felt like ice, but I slowly sat down, adjusting to the freezing temperature. Soon, my siblings came out with water guns, yelling about a water fight. Just then, my five-year-old neighbor came out to play with us, and we shot guns at each other until we were tired. Then we went inside. I had a turkey sandwich for lunch.
          That leaves me here.
                                                                               Until next time,
                                                                                                  Hollie

No comments:

Post a Comment